- On Friday May 29, 2015 Najmieh spoke at the Mossavar-Rahmani Center for Iran and Persian Studies, Princeton University.
- On June 11th , 2015 Najmieh spoke at the Museum of Fine Arts in Houston, Texas.
- On Sunday, December 14, 2014 Najmieh signed her books at Les Dames d'Escoffier's Culinary Women in Words holiday book party at Salon ILO in Georgetown, organized by Politics & Prose bookstore.
- On September 7&8, 2013, Najmieh was at the LongHouse Food Revival in Rensselaerville, NY.
In addition to a terrific lineup of food thought leaders — including Jonathan Gold, Elissa Altman, Naomi Duguid, Krishnendu Ray, Najmieh Batmanglij, Pat Willard, Carolyn Forché, Robert LuPone and Behroush Sharifi — we were joined by musicians fromYo Yo Ma’s Silk Road Project The music meets a spice trail-inspired menu included saffron martinis, Nigerian fire-roasted goat, Iranian jeweled rice, Ethiopian injera, Indonesian chicken satay, saffron ice cream and cardamom brownies at the Live Fire Feast this year.
- On July 20th and 21st, 2013, Najmieh was at the Tirgan Festival in Toronto, Canada demonstrating Persian cooking. Visit their site www.tirgan.ca for more information.
- Najmieh was at Yale on Monday and Tuesday April 15 and 16.
- Najmieh signed books at the NYC Nowruz Festival on Sunday April 14.
On January 27th, 2013 Chefs Najmieh Batmanglij and Carla Hall joined forces to create a sumptuous Persian meal at Najmieh's Kitchen in Georgetown to raise funds for the benefit of DC Central Kitchen and Martha's Table.
For more information go to: http://www.sipsandsuppers.org
To buy tickets go to: http://2013suppers.eventbrite.com
José Andrés, Joan Nathan & Alice Waters proudly present Sips & Suppers, two extraordinary evenings featuring the country’s finest chefs in support of DC Central Kitchen and Martha’s Table, organizations that serve the neediest individuals in the nation’s capital.
Najmieh was at the Roger Smith Cookbook Conference speaking at a panel on Persian Cooking Culture: Recipes, Tales and Traditions. - http://cookbookconf.com
- Sackler 25th Birthday Celebration and Book Fair
Saturday, December 1, 11:30 am
S. Dillon Ripley Center Concourse
1100 Jefferson Dr., SW
Washington, DC 20560
Metro Stop: Smithsonian, Mall exit
Celebrate the Arthur M. Sackler Gallery’s 25th anniversary with birthday cake and festivities in the Sackler pavilion at 11:30 am, followed by an Asian art and culture book fair at 1 pm in the Ripley Center concourse. Mage's authors signing their books will be Najmieh Batmanglij and Willem Floor, other authors also in attendance are Azar Nafisi, Mary McFadden, Nurhan Atasoy, Helen Philon, Alexandra Munroe. Books will be available for purchase. For more details visit the Sackler site at at www.asia.si.edu/sackler25/
Najmieh was on the Holly Live "Roads of Arabia" segment on Fox Channel 5 DC.
- Najmieh Batmanglij: Persian Cuisine
October 23 at 6:30pm
Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Library
901 G Street Northwest Washington, DC 20001
Najmieh Batmanglij, hailed as “the guru of Persian cuisine” by The Washington Post, has spent the past 30 years cooking, traveling, and adapting authentic Persian recipes to tastes and tech niques in the West. On October 23 at 6:30pm, Najmieh Batmanglij will be demonstrating some Persian cooking techniques. Please join the celebration and enjoy the snacks!
Her book Silk Road Cooking: A Vegetarian Journey was selected as “One of the 10 best vegetarian cookbooks of the year” by the New York Times; and her From Persia to Napa: Wine at the Persian Table won the Gourmand Cookbook Award for the world’s best wine history book of 2007, and her Happy Nowruz: Cooking with Children to Celebrate the Persian New Year is a joyful holiday book for young adults. She is a member of Les Dames d’Escoffier and lives in Washington, DC, where she teaches Persian and Silk Road cooking, and consults with restaurants around the world. Her most recent book is the expanded, updated and redesigned 25th Anniversary Edition of Food of Life: Ancient Persian and Modern Iranian Cooking and Ceremonies about which Russ Parsons wrote in the Los Angeles Times, "A classic cookbook made even better...Gorgeous expanded edition."
The DC Public Library celebrates the joy of reading with Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi during its DC Reads citywide reading program from Oct. 15-Nov. 15. Find more information on our DC Reads
- "Nowruz Festival" - Persian New Year Celebration
Najmieh signed her books with samples of her recipes.
Date: Sunday, March 18, 2012
Time: 11:00 am
Location: Reston Town Center, 11921 Freedom Dr, Reston, VA
- International Association of Culinary Professionals (IACP) Annual Conference
Najmieh was a presenter at the IACP conference in New York City on March 31, 2012. She was on a panel called "Finding the Real Middle East Through Recipes, Not Headlines." This session explored the intriguing culinary history and cultural significance of legumes -- including favas, chick peas, and lentils -- in Persia (Iran), Egypt, and Turkey, providing tastings of each distinctive cuisine.
- Najmieh signed her books at the Metropolitan Cooking and Entertaining show at the Washington Convention Center on November 5 at 4:30 to 6 and November 6.